I Experienced Very Little to No Pain During my Ulthera Treatment 30 Days Ago. Does This Mean That I Wont Get Good Results?

After reading on real self about all the painful ulthera treatments, it has me worried that my own treatment a month ago will not produce good results. I experienced very little pain. Just the odd twinge. I know its early days but I have yet to see any results. I had treatment to the upper face/eyes. I am a 36 year old woman with slightly sagging brows and cheeks.

Ultherapy Results and Pain

+1
If you only had the upper face and eyes treated, you probably would not have experienced much discomfort, especially is your provider numbed your brow area.  I would not be concerned, the lack of pain should not effect your result.

Ultherapy is not likely to be painful

+1
With the latest programming of the Ulthera device, pain is not a major issue and experiencing more pain does not mean that the result will be more dramatic or more effective. 

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

"No pain, no gain" not necessarily true

+1

Pain has physical, psychological and historical components, so different individuals experience and interpret pain variably.  The conventional wisdom "no pain no gain" is not necessarily true.  Given your age and minimal droopiness, you should expect improvement within 60-90 days.  Good luck. 

Lavinia Chong, MD

Ultherapy is not painful for every patient

+1

I have had a few patients that have not had much pain with Ultherapy and they have a history of being quite stoic. Checking the skin temperature during treatment I saw that they had the same elevated responses as all my other patients and the dermal temperature is what is important in developing new collagen. The benefit of Ultherapy is usually seen four to six months after the procedure.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Boosting collagen after Ulthera treatment, Los Angeles

+1

Customized Ultherapy treatments work well on the face. Our office uses the new Amplify software to minimize discomfort.  You may want to speak to your surgeon about the results so that steps can be taken to promote collagen formation. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS