Is this enough experience for him to perform my breast augmentation?

My surgeon is certified and has all the credentials and training necessary. Today I asked how many he has done. He said he has performed 150 breast augmentations (and 400 breast surgeries) Is this enough experience for him to perform my breast augmentation?

Surgeon Experience

+3
You want to make sure the the surgeon is a board certified plastic surgeon by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.   You should make sure you and your surgeon see eye to eye and understand each others expectations. 150 augmentations would likely give more than enough experience.  Talk to friends or prior patients regarding their experiences and make sure your comfortable. Review photos and don't necessarily pick a surgeon because they have the best price. 
Good luck
Gaurav Bharti

Johnson City Plastic Surgeon

BBA

+1
It should be.  Make sure that they are board certified and that they have good results.  Ask to see photos of his results.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Breast augmentation experience

+1
First, you should make sure the surgeon is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  One does not have to do thousands of cases to be good.

Qualified?

+1
Thank you for the question and congratulations on doing the homework in regards to finding out about the surgeon before the procedure.

I do beileve that by what you wrote, he is definitely qualified to do your surgery.

Good luck,
Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD

Is Your Surgeon Qualified to do Breast Augmentation

+1
Tough question to answer - as a poorly trained surgeon can do thousands of surgery poorly and a well trained one after 150 augmentations might be fine. See my below link on how to select the best plastic surgeon for breast augmentation and other cosmetic procedures. Always start by making sure he is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Experience

+1

Please make certain that your PS is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and an active member of the american society of plastic surgeons.  Review their before/after galleries and make sure your surgery will be performed in a fully accredited facility.  Best wishes.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Experience

+1
I think 150 breast augmentations is more than enough experience for you to feel comfortable with your plastic surgeon. There are several things to consider when picking a plastic surgeon, did they have the appropriate training. Did they do an accredited plastic surgery residency?  Are they board eligible or board certified? The American Board of Plastic Surgery abides by the highest standards.  Another consideration is your comfort level with your surgeon and how well they have explained the procedure and answered your questions.  I wish you the best of luck and I am sure you will get a great result.

Arun Rao M.D. Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Arun Rao, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Does My Surgeon Have Enough Experience To Perform My Breast Surgery?

+1

Thank you for your question.  Your surgeon appears to have adequate experience with performing breast surgery.  Numbers alone, however, is not enough to qualify your surgeon.

He or she must be board-eligible or board-certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery (no other board is acceptable).  Additionally, take the time to review results of his/her work and be sure that you are comfortable with your doctor of choice.

Excellent question.  Best wishes going forward

Louis DeLuca, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Expertise to Perform Breast Augmentation

+1

Thank you for your question. 150 surgeries can certainly be enough, as long as your surgeon has the appropriate credentials. This means that they should be board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery with experience in this procedure. The most important part of any surgery is your comfort with the surgeon. My best advice would be to review pictures from the surgeon and voice any concerns before the surgery so that you are comfortable. 

Jaime Perez, MD

Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Breast Augmentation Specialist

Jaime Perez, MD

Qualifications

+1

If the surgeon is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, and can show you nice result photos, with 150 cases he should have enough experience. All the best.