Boston Doctor Recommendations for Closing Gauged Earlobes

Looking for Experience Board Cert.surgeon for Closing Guaged Earlobes in Boston Area

Earlobe gauge repair

+1

I often see patients who want their earlobe gauge holes repaired, and many of these are young men who want to enlist in the military.  The procedure is a pretty simple one. The old hole is cut out and the skin sutured closed. Fortunately a fair amount of the skin of the lobe can be cut away and still obtain a normal looking lobe.  Also the earlobe scars very favorably.  I charge $250 to $350 per side.  I try to keep the price affordable, especially because I realize that most of the patients are young men who need this done in order to enlist.  The procedure only takes 20 to 30 minutes for both ears.

Earlobe repair in Boston

+1
Boston is full of board certified plastic surgeons so you should have no difficulty whatsoever in finding a skilled physician to perform an earlobe repair. The websites of all the academic centers, ASPS and ASAPS would be good starting points.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Repair of Stretched Ear Lobes

+1

Thank you for the question.  There are many good board-certified plastic surgeons in your area.  You should do your due diligence by checking with the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Only by visiting the surgeon's website or office will you learn of his/her specific experience and skill.

The  repair of the stretched envelope is a great procedure that can restore the ear lobe to a “normal” appearance".  Must be taken during this procedure to avoid reducing the size of the air and/or creating a notch/ depressed appearance in the area of the rim of the ear lobe.   It is usually done under local anesthesia with very high patient satisfaction rates.

Board certified plastic surgeons

+1
The following are excellent  board certified plastic surgeons in the Boston area:
W. Gerald Austen, Jr.
Yoon Chun
Elof Eriksson
Dan Driscoll
Bernie Lee

Tim A. Sayed, MD, FACS
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Ear lobe repair experts

+1

There are different levels of ear lobe repairs from the more simple closure of an enlarged ear ring hole to the more complex repair of gauge induced holes. The gauge repair is more complex because the ear lobe itself has been significantly stretched. The enlargement will depend upon how large of a gauge was worn and determines the complexity of the repair.  

Check with you local facial plastic surgeons and plastic surgeons to see if they have experience with these types of repairs.

Jacob D. Steiger, MD
Boca Raton Facial Plastic Surgeon

Repairing ear lobes

+1

Gauges add another level of complexity to repair. To start you can go to the ASPS or ASAPS webisie and find a plastic surgeon in your area.

Boston Facial Plastic Surgery Recommendation

+1

I would recommend you consult with Dr. Richard Gliklich at the Massachusetts Eye & Ear Infirmary. He is a dedicated specialist in facial plastic surgery.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon