Are There Herbal Alternatives to a Tummy Tuck for Excess Skin?

I have alot of skin from pregnancy, but am only 132 lbs, so don't think it is a ton of fat, but I can't afford a traditional tummy tuck. I have also heard of herbal remedies and wonder if they would work since they are so much cheaper?

Loose Skin Can't Be Treated With Herbal Remedies

Only a tummy tuck will give you the dramatic and more predictable results that you'd like to achieve, particularly when it comes to addressing loose skin. Loose skin is quite difficult to get rid of, and herbal remedies do not work. 

Herbal "Therapy" is NOT a reliable alternative to a Tummy Tuck

Pregnancy and extreme obesity 
1. irreversibly stretch the Abdominal Wall muscle
2. irreversibly split the six pack (Rectus Abdominis) muscles
3. irreversible stretch and crack tummy skin (ie "stretch marks')

The ONLY reliable way to correct these deformities is to have a FULL Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck) in which each component deformity is surgically corrected.  Drinking gallons of extracts of dried plants, blessed by a trio of an Indian Holy Man, the Dalai Lama and a snake waving, tongue talking Pentacostal minister while on a pilgrimage to Lourdes, France would STILL not shrink wrap the excess skin brought about by pregnancy.

PLEASE, save your money and don't waste it. When you saved enough, have a Tummy Tuck with an experienced Plastic surgeon and you will be glad you did.

Memphis, TN

No

There is no way herbal remedies can make your excess skin go away.  Sorry.  There are some cases

where liposuction can decrease the fullness of your abdomen by removing fat and also causing hour

skin to contract and shrink.  If there is a lot of excess skin, a tummy tuck is the only way. 

Excess skin that has lost its elasticity is removed by tummy tuck

No, there are no herbal remedies that will tighten the excess skin from childbirth.  There are some non-invasive skin tightening procedures that have very mild benefit.

If you have noticeably significant excess skin, then a tummy tuck is probably you best bet.  I'm sorry that this is not what you want to hear.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

R There Herbal Alternatives to a Tummy Tuck for Excess Skin?Answr:

You gotta smile when someone goes to a website with highly trained surgeons answering questions about what they do for a living....surgery...and then asking if there is anyway to get a tummy tuck.......with herbs....I guess it's a good sign that the question was even asked and that people still trust doctors to answer honestly... which is no.

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

There are no Short-Cuts or Pills for Tummy Tuck Results

Hi there-

If you need a TummyTuck, there is no alternative that will safely give you the same benefit. None. 

Your best bet is to wait, save your pennies, and not do anything at all until you can afford to proceed with a tummy tuck performed by a skilled and experienced surgeon.

Herbs instead of tummy tuck

There are no herbal remedies that I know of that can duplicate a tummy tuck.  I suspect you would be wasting your money.  Alternatively, you could try a radio-frequency treatment, like thermage or venus freeze - they might help a little.

No substitute for tummy tuck when there is loose skin after pregnancy

If there was anything that actually tightened skin as much as a tummy tuck - herbs, lasers, you name it - then we would be obligated to recommend that instead. However, when the skin has been stretched with prgnancy, nothing does what a tummy tuck does.

Richard Baxter, MD

Herbal remedies do not substitute for tummy tucks

Please save your money. The only way to remove excess skin is to excise it surgically. This, sadly, is a scam and because herbals are not medications per the Food & Drug Act, they are not regulated, meaning that charlatans can advertise anything in infomercials. I agree, RUN! Running is healthy and more likely to result in a weight loss which would improve the appearance of your body than any herbal potions.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

No simple treatment like herbals

I wish for your sake it was that easy.  But whatever and whenever you hear about a scam like this...RUN.  There is no way to treat a lot of excess skin without a tummy tuck.  Unfortunately it is expensive but there are some options.  Many of the Plastic Surgery Residency (training) programs have discounted rates to be a clinic patient.  You would be operated on by the residents under the supervision of a board certified plastic surgery attending.  Remember, these doctors doing the surgery will be out in private practice charging 8000 to 10,000 dollars for the same surgery.  Look into this and you may be pleasantly surprised.