Why is It Less Expensive for Breast Implants in Different Locations?

Hello I want to get breast implants and notice in miami, florida it is under $3,000 but I was wondering is that to low? The before and after gallery looked good and the doctor had good reviews. What are your advice on getting implants in a different location.

Cost

+1

The fees will vary depending on location. The same implant company has different pricing for the same implants state to state. Insurance and facility fees and costs will also vary with the location

Breast implants

+1

the cost for implants is usually included in the global fee, which includes doctors fee,anesthesia,operating room. The cost is 1,000 dollars higher for the silicone gel implant. It is very expensive to run an accrdited surgery or operating room facility.Doctors must think in terms of patient safty first.If the surgery center,or your own office operating room does the case for 1500 dollars and and the implants cost 1000, then the surgeon is left with a fee of 5 hundred dollars. Look at the doctors crdentials. Be sure he or she is a board certified plastic surgeon. An aug in this area can run from 5,000-7000 dollars.

Terry A. Cromwell, MD (retired)
Lafayette Plastic Surgeon

Different cost of breast augmentation in different areas.

+1

All physicians reference different cost of living factors in the cost of subsequent surgeries as well as place of surgery, type of anesthesia and implants.

I would recommend that you not let cost alone be your primary reason for choosing a surgeon. Safety should be first, followed by outcome and then price. It will take a little homework on your part, but don't put your health, life and result in jeopardy to save a couple dollars. 

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Cost of breast augmentation

+1

Cost of cosmetic plastic surgery can vary quite a bit between different parts of the country.  Also, there are several components to the cost of a breast augmentation.  There is the surgeon fees as well as implant cost, anesthesia cost, and operating room fees.  Make sure your surgeon is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Naveen Setty, MD

Breast implants

+1

Cost is a function of many things. If you have a surgeon that is not a board certified plastic surgeon, putting implants in at his office without an anesthesiologist, then it will be much cheaper. A Plastic Surgeon doing the procedure in his office w/o an anesthesiologist will be a little more expensive. A Plastic Surgeon with an anesthesiologist in an outpatient surgery center a little more expensive, and if done in a hospital, probably a little more expensive still.

In an area with a large number of plastic surgeons, competition may keep price down. In an area with only one or two plastic surgeons the price may be higher.

The last thing affecting cost is the cost of the implants. If a surgeon is using an "off brand", the cost may be considerably less.

Good luck.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Cost

+1

Like so many things...you get what you pay for.  Many surgeons charge more simply because they have a great reputation.  Some surgeons do these procedures in their offices. 

Having your surgery performed by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, with Anesthesia administered or overseen by a Board Certified Anesthesiologist in a Certified Outpatient Surgical Facility....cost more.   From my perspective, it is surgery and your health and safety should be the most important part of your choice.

Second....Never just look at someones pictures on the internet to pick a doctor.  I mean think about it for a  second....they (we) will show our best work.  Ask someone for a personal referral. Visit a couple of doctors.  Then chose.

K. Dwayne Fulks, MD
Chattanooga Plastic Surgeon

Choose your breast implant surgeon on skill, not cost.

+1

Just as rents are higher in some cities, so is the cost of surgery, due to surgeons covering their overhead.  Don't choose based on the lowest cost but be sure the surgeon is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, has good photos and reviews and a reasonable cost.  This should give you the best chance of a good outcome.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD

Cheap plastic surgery

+1

I would first say that you should not choose your surgeon solely based on cost. Plastic surgery is not like buying a car where you try to get the cheapest price. In South Florida there are a few plastic surgery "mills" that churn out high volumes of surgeries. The quality of care at these centers is scary. Most plastic surgeons in the area have seen and taken care of patients who had disasterous experiences at these centers. While some patients may be happy, they are the lucky few. Please do your research and see a few surgeons before making a decision. Best of luck.

Paul Wigoda, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants under $3000

+1

The fees may not include the implants, the OR fees, and the anesthesia fees.  I would ask about that before comparing prices.

Breast Augmentation Cost

+1

The cost varies depending on the risk of the procedure, extent and time of surgery, the type of anesthesia, the location (hospital vs. office OR), and the city that the surgery is performed due to the rent. Manhattan for instance may be more because of the extremely high cost of overhead. Don't decide based on price. Do your research and make sure your surgeon is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Jacob Freiman, MD, FACS
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon