Least Expensive and Longest Lasting Option for Eye Bags and Nasolabial Folds? (photo)

I am only 29, but in the last year have experienced an incredible amount of facial aging. Last year I had virtually no nasolabial folds and much less eye bags with no darkness underneath. I am in my 2nd year of university and have very little money. It's awful going to school every day with youthful looking girls some younger and some my age. I feel undesirable and unattractive and don't want to go outside. What could be causing this, and what is the least expensive, most permanent remedy?

You look better than you think

+2

First, let me start by stating the obvious:  for a 29 year old, you have a very youthful face!!

And this assessment is from a professional who deals with patients with "rejuvenation needs" on a daily basis.

Often, one is much more critical of their own face than others. If you truly feel that you are so unattractive that you don't want to go outside, this may be a symptom of body image disorder. You may want to do some research in this.

From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I agree with Dr. Harris. Hyaluronic acid fillers might give you some benefit with the mild irregularity of eyelids, though would not help the darkness.

Good luck, and don't be so hard on yourself!!!

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eye bags and facial folds, most permanent and cheapest remedy.

+2

Unfortunately the most permanent and cheapest methods are usually not one in the same.  It is difficult to tell from your picture, but the dark circles appear to be more skin related and are likely a result of genetics.  A dermatologist could recommend treatment to lighten the skin in this area.  The tear trough, which appears slightly sunken in your case, can be filled with hyaluronic acid fillers, but these will run around $500 to start.  I would try a conservative treatment with a medical spa aimed at decreasing the darkness under the eyes and or a masking makeup.  These will be the cheapest methods and work well in a young face like yours.

Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon