Expected Long Term Safety/Results of Chin Implant Removal 12 Weeks Out?

Hello. 31 year old F. Recently received a medium extended anatomical chin implant 5mm. Patiently waiting for the swelling to dissipate, however as it stands, I am not satisfied with the shape 4 weeks post op. Willing to wait the full 12 weeks recommended by my doc to give it more time for the majority of residual swelling to dissipate. Reassured by my doc multiple times that removal at 3 months will cause no long term issues. However, it seems this is not always true. Opinions please? TY!

Chin Implant Removal

+1

I would certainly agree with your doctor to wait at least 3 months, and possibly longer, for all of the swelling to resolve before jumping into another procedure. There should be no long term problems with waiting a few extra months before jumping to removal if you do not like the implant.

Web reference: http://innovationsfps.com/procedures/mentoplasty.html

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon