Are my Expectations Realistic for Chin Augmentation?

I have a weak/double chin and no definition in the neck/jawline. I am hoping chin augmentation along with neck liposuction will fix this. Attached are pics of what I look like now, and what I hope to look like after surgery. I have consulted with two surgeons who said I don't have much fat in my neck, and due to the pronounced curve of my lower lip, a chin implant might look like an unnatural "bump". Can I achieve the results I want through an implant or not? Thanks for reading...

Chin Contouring with a Neck Lift: Results with facial surgery, dont waste your time with liposuction

+2

It looks like you have an obtuse neck which is likely more from muscle insertion pints rather than fat deposits. This can be corrected with the placemt of a very conservatively sized chin implant combined with a neck lift which will removed fat under the neck muscles and give a more defined neck line. Liposuction just won't do this and the recovery for both is equivalent. Dr. Trussler 

Chin augmentation

+1

you would benefit from a chin augmentation. but you may benefit even more from chin Liposculpture. this is when no implant is used. we take fat from the trouble areas and add it to the area you desire augmented. fat has replaced implants in ninety percent of my chin augmentation cases. see a board certified plastic surgeon, not just a cosmetic surgeon. make sure he or she has done hundreds of augmentations & go with the suggestion made. everyone has a way to do it and no one way is better. this's a subtle situation so artistry here is important.

Ayman Hakki, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

The Combination Of Chin Augmentation And Neck Liposuction Can Significantly Improve One's Facial Profile

+1

Your computer imaging shows a very realistic result from a chin implant and submental/neck liposuction. This is best done from a submental approach where both procedures can be concurrently performed. The key is in the proper chin implant selection to give you the desired amount of horizontal and slight vertical augmentation. The implant must also be properly placed on the edge of the symphysis and stabilized. Measurements need to be taken from life-size imaging to match the morphing predictions to the size and style of the chin implant.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Extended anatomic chin implant and submental direct excision rather than liposuction is best!

+1

You would benefit from a conservative extended anatomic Flowers mandibular glove vertical tilt chin implant placed via a submental incision (not intraoral, because of increased risk of infection requiring implant removal), which will also allow much more precise and thorough fat removal under direct vision with precise bleeding point control.

This combination will yield better, more complete, and smooth fat removal (liposuction is the "standard" technique used by the majority of surgeons treating this area--I taught it for many years. It is not as uniform, has potential for more rippling or scar tissues, and cannot address subplatysmal fat), as direct excision is the same technique I use to sculpt the neck and chin area when doing facelift surgery. So why not for non-facelift patients who want superior results (like the 32 year-old patient in the photos below)? One incision, both procedures, nearly imperceptible scar, best improvement overall! For some other examples of similar patients, click on the link below. Good luck!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Chin augmentation and liposuction of neck can give great results.

+1

Hi.

I think your expectations are realistic.  The key is to use a custom fitted anatomical (long) chin implant that wraps around the jaw.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

+1

Thanks for the interesting questions. And also for posting excellent photos. If you are so concerned or "realistic" about the outcome, I suggest do a chin lipo first allow a few months of healing than if you want to add a chin implant or chin filler try that plan. 

Liposuction of the jawline and under the chin makes a big difference in many patients.

+1

Liposuction should make a noticeable difference for under your chin and along your jawline but you have to go to a doc who uses the micro canulas since the regular lipo canulas would not do a good job.  Cost is about $2500-3250 under local anesthesia and you can drive yourself home afterwards and back to work in 24 hrs.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon