What to Expect 2 Weeks After Septorhinoplasty?

I'm a 20 year old male that just went for open septorhinoplasty with turbinate reduction about a week ago. My nose still feels very stuffy and blocked right now. Is this very normal? When can I really at least breathe again from my nose? My nose looks straighter now I'm happy about that but still hurts very much when touching it. I was told that the plastic splint inside my nostrils will only be removed next week. Will this open up my airways?

Nasal congestion after Septorhinoplasty

+2

It is very normal to have significant nasal congestion the first week after septorhinoplasty. Tenderness is also normal. Once the splints are removed, you will breathe much better and continue to improve as your swelling goes down.

Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon