Can I Expect to See Results from Liposonix if I'm 30 Pounds over Weight?

I think that by doing the procedure you may see some improvement in the areas treated, but you need to have realistic expectations.  The key is to understand that Liposonix will not address the excess weight.  It is a procedure designed to help re-contour an area of the body which has a stubborn fat pocket which is resistant to diet and exercise.  You many need to repeat the procedure a few times to achieve the desired effect, or you may want to discuss liposuction as another option with your doctor.

Manhattan General Surgeon

To big for Liposonix

Liposonix is great for patients that have stubborn fat. A consultation is best for the doctor to access the areas and determine if you are a good candidate. Best of luck to you!

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Over weight, liposonix

Best results can be seen in patients with a BMI below 30. Several of our overweight patients also got good results proportionately.   It is important to have realistic expectations of the results.         Liposonix promises one size less, however we have seen results in patients who have lost 3-4 inches or more. It depends on how each body reacts to the treatment.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I understand that the Liposonix corporation wants us to treat patients with a BMI (Body Mass Index) of less that 30. However, I have treated patients who have a higher BMI. They know that they will not have a flat belly, but it does trim things down, and helps to motivate them to continue to eat right and one patient put it: "it jump-started my exercise program".

Christine Glavey, MD (retired)
Alpharetta Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposonix is best for patients with BMI less than 30

Liposonix patients generally experience an inch of waistline reduction, but they do not lose weight. The best results are seen in those people with a body mass index less than 30. 

Deirdre O'Boyle Hooper, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposonix is for body shaping not for weight loss

Liposonix, a nonivasive option for localized fat reduction, is similar to liposuction in that it is used for body shaping rather than weight loss. You would need to have a Body Mass Index (BMI) less than 30 and be able to pinch an inch in the target area, usually the abdomen.

Richard Baxter, MD