Can I Expect a Rhinoplasty Like the One in the Picture?

The Before one is my nose right now.And the after is the end product of a plastic surgery software.Can such a result be actually achieved.If so,then what would be the cost and procedures involved? Thankyou

Rhinoplasty result

+1

The result you show is a bit unnatural - the narrow bridge does not match your thicker wider tip.  You are a good candidate for rhinoplasty, but not as shown

Nasal healing

+1

The use of imaging is a way for both you and your surgeon to move toward and end result.  Many times visual comunication is more to the point than verbal.  However, in the end, only mohter nature knows the final result. The rhinoplasty patient is 9-12 months away from the final result.  Good luck.

Rodger Wade Pielet, MD (in memoriam)

Computer simulation takes a back seat to real photos

+1

Your virtual result is not too exaggerated.  Yes, the dorsum and tip can be narrowed the way you have illustrated.  The nostrils may be over-narrowed on this image.  A side view would be helpful.  You would likely benefit from a slight elevation of the tip too.

So, your expectations are not unreasonable based on what I can see here.  But computer imaging is not a good way to predict results.  The best way is to look at real, unaltered photos of patients before and after surgery performed by the surgeon of your choice.  I advocate a rule of 10.  If you see 10 sets of before and after photos performed by your surgeon that you would accept for your own nose, that is a good sign.  If you see none, that is a big red flag that either your surgeon does not have enough experience or photos, or your expectations are out of line.

Eric Swanson, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Computer software can make you look like a Picasso!

+1

Computer software is an excellent tool to help show what you can look like and also help communicate with your physicians what you want.

However, making a nose look very small on a computer image is easy, doing the same on your face has ramifications to your ability to breathe.

Discuss your wishes with your physicians to determine if what you show is is truly possible.

Robert M. Freund, MD

Predicting results from rhinoplasty

+1

We do believe that computer imaging give very useful insights into predicting and planning rhinoplasty results. Certainly no computer will show you how you will look, however rather that trying to discuss plans with terms as a little off the top, the imaging can put goals into view. If well done computer studies can give predictable and understandable results. Your pictures are, well, not so good, yet they do help your surgeon understand what you are looking for and are a point of departure in planning your surgery.

peterejohnsonmd

No, the computer generated post Rhinoplasty photo is unrealistic

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty for over 20 years and IMHO, the after Rhinoplasty computer generated photo is unrealistic.  This is the main reason that I do not use, nor recommend that patients have computer imaging during coinsultations.  The computer can manipulate photos in ways plastic and cosmetic surgeons can not manipulate tissues during the surgery. 

You should see real before and after photos before having your Rhinoplasty.  IMHO, the width of your nostrils could not be surgically altered to the degree that is shown by the computer enhancement.

+1

You should expect getting a much better result than the one you morphed. You have a rather thick nasal skin which needs to be thinned out in order to have a better redraping of the skin over the refined cartilagenous structure. You  may also get alar repositioning technique teh reduce nasal base.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and computers

+1

Imaging applications in plastic surgery are meant to be used as a tool, and should not be considered as an implied result.  Surgical changes can be made to the nose (and any other part of the body) but the variations in individual skin quality, healing, and genes cannot allow for precise prediction of your result.

Ricardo Izquierdo, MD
Oak Brook Plastic Surgeon

Maybe

+1

You can do much more with computer software than you can on the human nose. It may be close, but you would need to be seen and evaluated. Patients more commonly show the lateral view where you remove the bump rather than the frontal.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Rhinoplasty should balance the parts of the nose.

+1

Rhinoplasty should balance the parts of the nose and the photo you have of the after is NOT a good nose. The nose you could have is BETTER than the one you showed. If you go to my website or those of other experienced rhinoplasty surgeons you will see natural results of noses like yours.