Could I Expect These Results with Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I have a terrible bulbous tip and want to have the sides on my nose slimmed down. I used an editing app to alter my nose. On the top is the before and on the bottom is the afterwards look. Can these results be achieved?

Realistic Results

+1

Yes, these results can be expected after a rhinoplasty but a face to face consultation would best to truly ascertain what can be achieved.  Please make sure your surgeon is board certified and has experience with ethnic plastic surgery.

Rhinoplasty

+1

It is not possible to get the exact results of an altered photo image for obvious reasons. The best thing about your submitting the edited image is it clearly shows clearly what changes you want and that your requests are reasonable. Most of what you want is achievable.

The unedited image shows a wide alar base, retruded columella and wide bridge. You corrected most of that in the edited image but the columella is still slightly retruded. Alar base reduction, an infracture and batton graft or columellar strut will do that for you. You did not post a side view but I suspect some augmentation of the bridge would be a plus as well.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Its possible

+1

Plastic surgery is not an "exact" thing; it is possible to get a result similar to what  you have in the photo.

Rhinoplasty for Bulbous Tip

+1

I don't think that your anticipated goal results are unrealistic-  in fact, I would likely recommend a bit more refining/narrowing of the nasal bones.  The key to achieve such results is to not simply remove/carve away cartilage, but actually strengthen the structures of the nose so there is nice tip projection.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Could I Expect These Results with Rhinoplasty?

+1

The results that you have suggested are relatively reasonable and will require tip refinement, alar base reduction, and possibly dorsal augmentation with osteotomies.  Some of what is needed will depend upon what you would like for your profile, which is not presented here.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Rhinoplasty results

+1

It is possible to narrow the bridge and narrow the base, but it is difficult to match computer imaging exactly.

rhinoplasty to narrow the tip and bridge

+1

The goal for rhinoplasty as to narrow the tip and bridge line. It's important to have realistic expectations  Before undergoing surgery. Virtual rhinoplasty  software is available on our website for you to try. To get an idea of what can be accomplished  it is a good idea to look at several rhinoplasty surgeon's photo galleries.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com/progallery/widenasal_photos07.html

Reasonable Expectations with Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1

Your expectations are very reasonable. Find an experienced surgeon who will give you a natural result.