What Should I Expect to Pay to Correct Cartilaginous Nose Tip and Hanging Septum?

I have always felt uncomfortable with the appearance of my nose. I love the nice, smooth bridge I have, so I wouldn't want to change that. What I want to improve is the low hanging septum area, and the tip of my nose. The tip of my nose has a lot of cartilage in it, making it look misshaped and uneven. I feel the tip of my nose leans in one direction more than another. Please see pictures and tell me how invasive the procedure would be, and how much It could cost. Thank you so much!

Tip issues and deviated septum

+2

Certainly modifications of the tip and columella along with the caudal septum can be performed.  Good luck.

Cost to Correct your Tip and Hanging Septum

+2

You have a deviated septum which should be corrected when the tip and hanging septum (columella) are improved. The cosmetic changes should be done very conservatively. You will also will  improve nasal breathing which your insurance will pay for. Consult with surgeons who can help you determine what it will cost you.

Rhinoplasty to correct the tip and hanging septum.

+2

Rhinoplasty to correct the tip and hanging septum depends on whether any other parts of the nose will need to be corrected as well. Assuming there are no other things that need to be corrected the normal cost would be approximately $5000. Select a surgeon that does natural noses so this  surgery is not overdone.

Your Rhinoplasty Requires not the Usual Technique.

+1

Veronica, with all due respect, you have made the wrong diagnosis.  You talk about a low-hanging septum but actually, you do not have a low-hanging septum.  In fact, your septum is quite high, and that is why you have a relatively tall and appropriate upper lip.

The profile view demonstrates the question of whether the columella and septum are hanging low or not, and yours is straight, which is actually not ideal.  The ideal appearance of the columella, which sits right in front of the septum, is somewhat convex and hanging down just a little bit.  A straight, flat columella is known as a retracted columella, usually because the septum itself is not particularly protuberant there. 

You need a very thorough nasal surgery consultation to determine whether or not it is wise to have a rhinoplasty.  You are an attractive lady with excellent facial features. If you are unhappy because your nose protrudes just a bit too far from your face, that's a separate issue, and the possibility of correction can be made at the time of consultation. 

I urge you to have a very thorough consultation with a cosmetic plastic surgeon who specializes in nasal surgery and who has much experience with that procedure, including the ability to demonstrate to you, via computer imaging, the predicted results of your procedure.

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS
Facial Plastic Surgeon
Author, SECRETS OF A BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON
Author, THE ESSENTIAL COSMETIC SURGERY COMPANION
robertkotlermd.com

Robert Kotler, MD

+1

The columella hang can be improved and the tip can be refined.  The slight distortion at the bottom is caused in part by a caudal septal deflection, which can be addressed as well.  Typical fee would be about $7000 or so.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

You would need a full rhinoplasty operation. So very invasive! Fee range from $4,500 to $8,500. Best to obtain in person evaluations! 

Cost of a rhinoplasty

+1

The cost to perform only a columellar-plasty  is significantly less than a full rhinoplasty. Our costs are located on our website 

Open rhinoplasty to address tip asymmetry

+1

Your caudal septum is deviated to the left, and is causing the tip of your nose to deviate to the right slightly.  A septoplasty would help to correct this deviation.  An open rhinoplasty will provide the best approach for fully addressing the asymmetry of your tip cartilage and achieving an attractive tip.  Prices will vary widely based on geographic location and ability level of the surgeon.

Donald B. Yoo, MD