What Could I Expect from a Nose-job?

I Do not like my nose. I feel like it is too big. When I smile it gets really wide as you can see in the picture. The tip of my nose is large and the tip is pointing upwards.

A rhinoplasty can correct your areas of concern

+1

A rhinoplasty can correct your areas of concern.  At my office I have 3D imaging technology which would allow me to visually show you what you can expect after surgery.

Refining the nose with rhinoplasty - nose job

+1

Based on your photographs, you would benefit from narrowing the bony sidewalls of your nose but leaving the height of the dorsum or bridge as is.  Your tip could be refined and narrowed.  In addition, the tip of the nose could be slightly deprojected and counter-rotated.  This would provide a more masculine and refined nose for your face.  Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.funkfacialplastics.com/surgical_proc.aspx?id=NR

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Realistic expectations make for achievable surgical results.

+1

Thanks for your question Andrew.  The best means of addressing the possible outcome of a rhinoplasty is through a consultation with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.  Video/photo-imaging can be performed to give you an impression of what can be achieved.  

Based on the images you've submitted, your nose is indeed a bit wide - as assessed by the inner corner of your eyes, and you have a bit of a "scooped" appearance with some over-rotation (pointing upwards) of your nasal tip.  I would have to see standard rhinoplasty photos (frontal, 3/4, profile and base) to give you a more detailed response.

If you so desired, you could achieve a narrower nose through rhinoplasty.  It is important to realize however that one can make a nose smaller, but you will never be able to achieve a "small" nose.  You could also benefit from making your profile straighter/more masculine and counter-rotating (dropping) your nasal tip.  While these things are achievable, it is important to consult with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon so that you have the opportunity to work with your surgeon to develop a realistic surgical plan that makes you happy.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon