How Much More Can I Expect my Nose to De-swell 2 Months Post Op?

I had a closed revision osteotomy 2 months ago. It was minor, but can I still expect my nose to thin out a little more?

How much swelling remains at 2 months following rhinoplasty?

+2

This is a very frequently asked question. Swelling after rhinoplasty takes about 6 months to resolve completely. The swelling reduces in the follwing manner; at 2 weeks around 1/3  is gone. At a month, 1/3 to 1/2 has cleared. At 2 months 1/2 to 2/3 has resolved. The remaining swelling trails off over the follwoing 4 months.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Still swollen

+1

You will probably still have some more changes. Always expect a revision procedure to have a longer period of swelling then the original.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post osteotomy swelling

+1

the obvious answer is. you need to wait and watch. Every nose is different and trying to do something again at this pont is not wise

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

2 months post-op

+1

Two months post surgery is still very early for you to judge the results of your surgery - be patient and follow up with your surgeon

Sam Naficy, MD