I got hit in the nose 4 days ago, and now it's swollen and I have a bump on the nose bridge. I went to a doctor and he told me it isn't broken but that it's definately swollen and congested and gave me a steroid spary to use for the next 10 days. The thing is, he never told me if my nose will be back to normal, and if so - how much time until I'll see an improvement. Thanks already
Should I Expect my Nose to Get Back to Its Normal Form? (photo)
Doctor Answers (2)
- Did you have a nosebleed at the time of the injury?
- Did you visit an ENT doctor or just your regular physician
- This bump could be from swelling (try pushing the bump down and see if it stays down)
- If you feel a hard ridge, this could be a nasal fracture
- It is best to treat nasal fractures within the first 10-14 days, so if it is getting worse, please see a surgeon
Web reference: http://www.eosplasticsurgery.com/functional-rhinoplasty.html
Recovery From Nose Trauma Uncertain
It is impossible to answer your question without an exam, Was the doctor qualified to make this diagnosis?.Nasal trauma that deforms the nowe should be examined by a Plastic Surgeon or ENT/ facial plastic surgeon as soon as possible to see what has been injured, that there is no septal hematoma that may have to be evacuated, and to evaluate if there is a nasal or septal fracture. It is far easier to repair any injured cartilage or bone displacement in the first few weeks following an injury.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.
You might also like...
Ask a Doctor
Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.