Should I Expect my Nose to Get Back to Its Normal Form? (photo)

I got hit in the nose 4 days ago, and now it's swollen and I have a bump on the nose bridge. I went to a doctor and he told me it isn't broken but that it's definately swollen and congested and gave me a steroid spary to use for the next 10 days. The thing is, he never told me if my nose will be back to normal, and if so - how much time until I'll see an improvement. Thanks already

Broken nose?

+2

Dear Nonchka,

• Did you have a nosebleed at the time of the injury?
  • Did you visit an ENT doctor or just your regular physician
  • This bump could be from swelling (try pushing the bump down and see if it stays down)
  • If you feel a hard ridge, this could be a nasal fracture
  • It is best to treat nasal fractures within the first 10-14 days, so if it is getting worse, please see a surgeon

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Recovery From Nose Trauma Uncertain

+1

It is impossible to answer your question without an exam, Was the doctor qualified to make this diagnosis?.Nasal trauma that deforms the nowe should be examined by a Plastic Surgeon or  ENT/ facial plastic surgeon as soon as possible to see what has been injured, that there is no septal hematoma that may have to be evacuated,  and to evaluate if  there is a nasal or septal fracture. It is far easier to repair any injured cartilage or bone displacement in the first few weeks following an injury.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS