Can I Expect my Left Ear to Look As Natural As my Right Ear Following Ottoplasty? (photo)

I had an incisionless ottoplasty 11 days ago. Although I know this is still very early days in terms of healing, my right ear looks very good and natural but the left looks heavily over corrected to me. The antihelix fold is a lot more harsh in the left side making the ear quite rigid, I cannot see much of the helix from the front view. From behind the helix is very bent towards the head, whilst on the right it looks good. Can I realistically expect the ear to move out to a more natural position

Otoplasty symmetry

+1

Although I'm not familiar with "incisionless" Otoplasty, all otoplasty surgical techniques do typically need to overcorrected to produce lasting, natural results.  Your antihelical fold looks slightly overcorrected and your helical projection away from you head looks typical and should heal well.  Keep in touch with your surgeon and make sure this is the appearance you should have at this point in your recovery.  Best Wishes! 

Management of Overcorrected Otoplasty

+1

I would agree with your assessment that the left ear is ovgercorrected. Give it six weeks to see how much relaxation, if any, of that ear will occur. If not substantially improved by them, you should have a revision to make the releasing adjustment.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Concerns about Asymmetry after Otoplasty?

+1

Despite best intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you with an accurate prediction of exactly how much you should expect the left ear to “move out” with time.  Unfortunately,  this is one of those situations where only time will tell.  This process may take several months to occur;  in the meantime continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon who will always be your best resource.