What Can I Expect from This Cut? (photo)

roughly three weeks ago, i got a cut on the left side of my face. it was not a very wide cut, but it was a bit deep, and it bled a lot. I was told at the hospital and by my doctor that the cut would not require stitches. when i removed the bandaging/dressing, there was a scab. parts of the scab have begun to come off, but the cut looks pink in colour where the scab came off, and these areas appear to be a bit sunken in. (see photograph) what's causing this, and will it go away as the cut heals?

Linear scratch scar on the face

+1

There appears to be a contour problem with the skin with a linear depression.  I would treat this scar early with percutaneous scar release and fractional laser resurfacing. 

Web reference: http://surgery90210.com/cosmetic-dermatology/38/scar-revision.aspx

Facial Scar

+1

Scars are noticeable for a few reasons: 1) color difference 2) texture and 3) unevenness (e.g. raised/depression) when compared to the adjacent skin. With cuts to the face, they need to be meticulously taken care of.  Please consult with a board certified specialist in the face who can best assist you in achieving the results you desire.