What Should I Expect Day 1 After Abdominaplasty?

Having abdominal plasty in the morning what do I expect. I'm 63 years old

Your experience one day after tummy tuck

+2

Every surgeon has their own postoperative care protocol.   I have my patients lie in the lawnchair position and walk flexed at their waist.  I encourage ambulation  several hours after the surgery.  I also utilize long-acting numbing medicine (nerve blocks) to facilitate pain control and supplement with oral pain medications.   You will also have 1-2 drains placed below your incision and an abdominal binder or garment to aide in compression, especially if you have any liposuction of your waist.   I also clear patients for quick shower postop day 1 since I utilize a tissue-sealant tape (dermabond pirineo) that essentially seals your incision from the external environment (water proof).  I recommend someone help you with your first shower.   I hope this is helpful.  But please follow the postoperative instructions of your surgeon.  He/she has your best interests in mind.  Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Dr Basu

Houston, TX

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

One Day Post Op Tummy Tuck Surgery

+2

One day post op Tummy Tuck surgery, you will most likely sleep most of the day.  Your surgeon will give you pain control medication and you will have an abdominal binder on.  

We ask patients to take it easy, to stay in the flexed position, to take deep breaths (to clear the lungs of the anesthesia).  The first week is the most difficult and then it starts to get easier.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tummyTuck.htm

Day one post op

+2

The day of your tummy tuck surgery you will most likely still be very sleepy from anesthesia.  Your surgeon should provide you with some type of pain management medication to keep the pain controlled.  The first few days after surgery will be the hardest, and you should slowly see yourself improve from there.  Good luck to you!

Katy Plastic Surgeon