What should i expect? (alar base reduction) (Photo)

I spoke with a surgeon and I am considering scheduling surgery .. Whats going to be done is set an internal excision  in order to remove 2mm on each side. I'm nervous because I dont know what to expect. i dont want a result that would be noticeable to friends, or anyone noticing. Is this possible? Because sometimes the surgeon wants results and end up doing too much. I do not mind continuing with the broad nose, just wanted a small reduction.

Balanced outcome

+1
I do believe that removing 2 to 3 mm on each side is the best way to go.Removing too much on the other hand can cause Your nose to look unnatural and unbalanced with its overall size. Remember that you can always remove more if necessary down the road but it is extremely hard to enlarge your nostrils in case too much tissue has been. Make sure that you're treated by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. Good luck!

Jupiter Facial Plastic Surgeon

What should i expect? (alar base reduction)

+1
I usually remove 4 mm and sometimes much more for this procedure to give the result the patient wants.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who has performed hundreds of rhinoplasties. Look for great reviews and great before and after pictures.

Alar Base Reduction

+1
Alar base reduction is effecting in achieving a natural appearing yet slimmer nostril width.  However, removing 2mm on each side probably won't give you much of a noticeable difference.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can help you achieve the results you seek. 3-D computer imaging will also help you visualize what you might look like afterwards and/or provide a good tool for communicating with your surgeon what type of results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Alar base reduction

+1
2 mm of alar base reduction on each side we'll not give an appreciable improvement in the wide nostrils. 3-4 mm would be more appropriate since there is a small amount of skin stretch back. 

Alar base reduction

+1
It is difficult to see everything from the limited photo views that you posted.  An exam in person would be helpful.