What to Expect After Capsulorraphy

I am 3 weeks post op, revision. My doctor did a beautiful job of correcting my previous augmentation and tubular breast deformity by performing a capsulorraphy, areola reduction, and replacement of implants. Implants are silicone, 550 cc behind the muscle, with permanent internal suturing and folding of tissue.

I have been extra careful so I do not displace anything. 4 days ago, I started to feel tightness and pulling under implant, near sternum, after friend hugged and lifted me. Is it sutures?

Capsulorraphy problems

+1

It sounds as if your surgeon did a great job correcting your breast problems.Much of the work was with sutures and it takes 6-8 weeks for the healing to occur. You are likely fine, but over aggressive hugging could cause some problems and the safe thing is to go back for an examination.

Recovery concerns after breast implant revision

+1

Following a breast implant revision procedure with a capsulorrhaphy, it takes about 6 weeks or so for enough healing to be stable. However, if there is no change in the appearance of the breast then it is unlikely anything happened that would affect the result. It is always a good idea to have your surgeon take a look.

Richard Baxter, MD

Recovery after Capsulorrhaphy

+1

Revisionary surgery is complicated but I don't think a hug would damage anything.  See your surgeon so that they can examine you to determine if something is happening.  With the internal sutures, it is VERY IMPORTANT to limit activity to allow for complete healing so I am happy to hear that you have been extra careful.  To put your mind at rest, go see your doctor.