Is A Lot of Natural Tissue in the Butt Removed During Lift?

I'm 47 years old and I don't like what gravity & time have done to my butt.I would like to get it lifted but I don't have much fat to work with for augmentation. I have a BMI of 19.4. Can just the existing fat in the butt be used, but only lifted back into place? I know in a breast lift much of the sagging natural tissue is removed so an augmentation is often needed, is it the same with the butt?

Butt lift

+2

WIth an exam, a better appreciation of your anatomy can occur. From the exam a plan can be designed to accomodate what you want.

Better Butt Lifts

+2

In most cases, very little tissue is removed with a butt lift. A more rounded, youthful and natural shape can be achieved by preserving the tissue that is there, and simply re-contouring and repositioning it. In some cases, the result can be improved by actually adding tissue with a fat graft harvested from elsewhere on the body. Every butt is different, and your surgeon should be able to describe the options to you as well as make suggestions for what will be the most beneficial in your case.

Mark Preston, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Buttock lift

+2

Good question...the famous Brazilian Butt Lift typically uses the fat harvested from other areas of your body through liposuction and transfers it to your Buttock area in order to lift and shape the buttock. Liposuction in the hip and flank area sculpts the upper portion of the buttock/lower back which accentuates the hour-glassing effect.

If the buttock is saggy and there is drooping tissues, I typically do a buttock lift and rotate the extra skin and soft tissue (not muscle) into place along the upper buttock....rotating into position acts like a butt implant/augmentation. Best part is that it is you OWN tissue and not a silicone implant. Work well, but depends on the amount of skin and extra tissue you have to use.

Hope this helps!

Dr. C

johnconnorsmd.com

John Philip Connors III, MD

Butt lifts are usually done with auto-augmentation

+2

Buttock lifts are usually done thes days without actually removing any tissue, but rather using the tissue to augment and round out the butt. Of course I'd need to examine you or at least see photos to tell if you're a good candidate.

Mark Broudo, MD

Butt Lift Surgery

+1

Thank you for your question. The butt is a far more difficult area of the body to work with as there is always pressure on it, it is asked to stretch more, and has a fold which is unforgiving if surgically screwed up. Trust your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to guide you through this time of decisions. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon