Exilis Vs. Ultherapy

I am looking into the two possibilities for facial skin tightening. I live in Europe. Exilis is available locally in a nearby clinic at a good price point (50 Euros per treatment to the whole face). The Ultherapy is only available in a clinic in another country and is probably more expensive. They are on holiday now, so I don't know the cost. Can anyone tell me if one treatment is better than the other or are they both the same. I'm looking for diminished eyebags and tighter cheeks.

Exilis versus Ultherapy - Williamsville, NY

I have had Ultherapy myself and have performed it since 2011 in hundreds of patients. 

Exilis uses monopolar RF energy and works via apoptosis of tissue. There is no imaging during treatments which is the beauty of focused ultrasound therapy.

Ultherapy is a 2 in 1 device, as it provided high intensity focused ultrasound and delivers it while imaging the area of delivery with B mode ultrasonography. It is TARGETED therapy ! 

Read the Ultherapy ebook provided on the link below under ebooks. 

Buffalo General Surgeon

5225 Sheridan Drive
Williamsville, NY 14221

Exilis vs Ultherapy

Thank you for this excellent question. Ulthera is a non-invasive focused ultrasound treatment that is designed to lift and tighten the tissue deep to the skin. Exilis is a radio-frequency device, designed to heat and tighten the skin. I think there is a lot of overlap with these devices and many patients can get good results with either one. Ultherapy typically cost more than Exilis because of the consumables used in the treatment.. There is no downtime with either Ulthera or Exilis, and the results should last about 12-18 months. I have had Ultherapy twice, and am happy with the results. The only down side with Exilis is that it requires a series of treatments. Good luck.

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

1151 East Paris Ave., SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49546

Ultherapy can lift the skin, exilis is for fat contouring

Ultherapy can help lift facial sagging features without surgery by delivering focused ultrasound energy deeply and contract the supporting structures and induce collagen.  Exilis is not focused ultrasound energy that can liquify the fat cells to reduce bulk fat so the two devices are not to be compared.  Exilis may be compared with CoolSculpting, a device by Zeltiq that can recontour fat by killing the fat cells permanently and reducing the bulk of the fat bulge, while Exilis may liberate the fat from the fat cells and not provide long term reduction in fat cell numbers.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

317 East 34th St
New York, NY 10016

Ulthera is a non-invasive ultrasound based treatment that is designed to treat and tighten the tissue deep to the skin.  It is currently the only treatments available to address laxity of the tissue deep to the skin (aka SMAS).  It does cost more than the non-invasive treatements available for the skin only.  There is no downtime with Ulthera and the results are designed to peak at 90 days and last about one year.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

8900 E Raintree Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85260