Can Exilis Be Used to Get Rid of the Facial Fat and Also the Body? How Effective is It?

I am looking for a non invasive procedure that is effective in reducing fat on my jawline and my abdominal area (flanks, upper and lower abd. areas). Is Exilis good for that? Or should I consider Zeltiq? Thanks

Exilis for fat reduction and skin tightening

+1

Exilis uses monopolar radiofrequency to heat the skin, resulting in fat reduction and skin tightening, as well as an improvement in the overall tone and texture of the skin.  A special body handpiece is used for flanks, etc to reduce fat while also tightening.  A smaller handpiece is used on the face which solely tightens.  It is important to maintain volume in the face to ensure a more youthful appearance.  A consultation with an Exilis provider can help answer any further questions.  Best of luck! 

Fort Myers Dermatologist

Exilis for fat reduction

+1

Exilis is a device that uses RF therapy (heat) to promote skin tightening and fat melting. Skin tightening is only performed on the face. The body applicator is for size reduction and tightening. In addition to size reduction or fat melting, the treatment area is contoured which is a benefit of Exilis treatment that other fat reduction treatments do not offer.     

Christina Steil, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Exilis for Fat Reduction

+1

Mylene, Exilis is an excellent and effective choice for fat reduction of the body.  Zeltiq could also be a good option as well.  I recommend coming in for a consultation to determine which you would be a better candidate for (we do have both Zeltiq and Exilis). 

In regards to your jawline "fat"', you do not want to get rid of any of the facial fat on the face.  This will cause your face to look older then it really is.  Volume in the face signifies youth.  Exilis on the face is only for Skin Tightening.  Tighter skin will give you the appearance of the a more contoured lower face without removing the much needed fat/volume. 

Good Luck!

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD