Exilis RF instead of TT

Im 40yo, petite built of 4'10" 42kg. Had 3 pregnancies which left me with loose & sagging skin in my tummy. I was told im for TT but afraid to go under the knife. Will exilis do me good or should i go for TT

Exilis RF instead of TT

+2
    If you truly have loose skin, a tummy tuck will be the best procedure.  If you provide photos, some insight may be offered.

Tummy tuck versus non surgical treatments

+1
Dear Hazel,

If there is sufficient skin excess and laxity that a plastic surgeon has suggested a tummy tuck, more than likely you have too much skin excess to be treated with any non surgical techniques currently available.   We have almost every non surgical option in our office, but they do not work well when there is a moderate to large amount of loose skin.  Photos would be helpful in answering your question. 

Luis H. Macias, MD

Tummy Tuck

+1
While it is appealing to try to avoid surgery, in this case it is likely the best way to correct the excess skin after 3 pregnancies.  I don't see any photos, but after pregnancy it is typical for the muscles to stretch and widen, causing laxity of the abdominal wall, often combined with excess skin and stretch marks.  The only way to tighten the muscles, restore them to their correct position and remove the extra tissue (usually including most of the stretch marks) is through a tummy tuck.  Sometimes a discussion with a board certified plastic surgeon will make you feel better and know your options better.   Good luck to you!

Emily J. Kirby, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Nonsurgical treatments are not a substitute for a tummy tuck

+1
After 3 pregnancies resulting in loose and saggy skin it is very unlikely that any nonsurgical procedure will do enough to be a worthwhile alternative to a tummy tuck. Those treatments work best when the skin laxity is minimal.

Richard Baxter, MD