Exilis and Prior Jaw Surgery Screws and Plates - is This a Problem/placement of Grounding Pad?

Hello, I had jaw surgery in 1992 and 2000 and assume they used titanium plates and screws. I went in for an exilis consultation to do facial tightening, and the spa was concerned and wanted to confirm it was ok, since they use a grounding pad and are supposed to ensure there are no metal implants of any kind. Is this a problem? Why do I have to be grounded during the procedure? Can I still do exilis?

Exilis with titanium screws

+1

Exilis requires the use of a ground pad to help direct the current of energy to penetrate to the appropriate, therapeutic skin level - from the epidermis down to the subcutaneous layer. We do not treat on or near any area on the face or body, containing titanium / "metal" devices.