Exhaustion Normal After Basal Cell Removal Surgery?

I just had a basal cell removal and reconstructive surgery on a two inch square and quarter inch deep section of my nose. After 3 days, I am very tired and feel like sleeping. Is this normal? Should I be this tired?

Could be simply the aftereffects of anesthesia

+1

If someone has a procedure done under anesthesia (sedation or general), or if a patient is taking any narcotic pain medication after surgery, fatigue is typical. It can take a month sometimes to feel fully well again.

Remember, too, that wound healing requires energy and nutrition since there's a lot of new tissue to synthesize! This, too, can sap one of some energy. It's the body's way of telling us to take it easy for a bit.

--DCP

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon