Exfoliating After Fraxel Laser

I just had my third Fraxel Laser session a week ago. How soon post-procedure can I exfoliate?

Exfoliating After Fraxel Laser

+1

Hi H for H,

Sounds like you are in the midst of a series of Fraxel re:store treatments. Many patients have the treatments of their series every two weeks. I would not advise exfoliating if you are on that schedule until you are through. After 10 to 14 days you should be able to exfoliate.

As they say in NYC, "Forget about it!" if you have had Fraxel re:pair laser. In that case, it may be months before you exfoliate.

Discuss this with your treating physician before exfoliating.

Be well.

Dr. P

Only if it is Fraxel Restore, not Fraxel Repair.

+1

Please consult your treating physician who is familair with the machine used as well the settings. In general, SilkPeel is a great option to reduce the tiny microthermal zones of treatment that appear as rough dry dots after Fraxel Restore. You will look better faster.

Web reference: http://www.drmarylupo.com

New Orleans Dermatologist

Exfoliation after 10 days is perfectly safe

+1

I routinely provide SilkPeel microdermabrasion to my patients after a Fraxel treatment. I do this 10 days to 2 weeks after the procedure. It really helps to remove the "bronzing" or Fraxel dots as well as any left over peeling. My patients love the procedure and I have seen no adverse reactions of any kind.