Safe to Exfoliate 5 Weeks After Rhinoplasty?

is it ok to exfoliate the skin 5 weeks afetr rhinoplasty surgery?

Is it OK to exfoliate the skin 5 weeks after a Rhinoplasty.

+2

IMHO, it is as long as you stay away from the nasal skin and would ask my Rhinoplasty patients to avoid this for at least 6 months after their Rhinoplasty. 

Exfoliation after a rhinoplasty

+2

Hello and thank you for the question.

A light exfolation 5 weeks after a rhinoplasty is reasonable.  I would certainly recommend being ginger around the nasal area as over-aggressive manipulation of this area may cause damage to the underlying nasal tissue.

Kindest Regards,

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

Nasal skin care (exfoliation) after nasal surgery

+2

I tell my patients that after 5 to 6 weeks, they can resume normal activity, including wearing glasses, running, and playing non-contact sports. Nasal skin treatments such as microdermabrasion, peels, or nitely application of exfoliate skin creams is OK as long as your nose is not tender during these treatments. But always be considerate, and check with your doctor or his staff first.

Maurice P. Sherman, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Skincare after rhinoplasty

+2

I tend to recommend my patients wait for 6 weeks for exfoliation, microdermabrasion, facials, etc. Having sad that, none of my patients have had any consequences from skin care in combination with rhinoplasty that I am aware of. The best advice is to speak with your surgeon. You will both feel more confident with your choices. Best Regards, Todd Hobgood

Todd Christopher Hobgood, MD
Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

Be careful

+2

I am always a little nervous with any kind of aggressive skin care this soon after rhinoplasty, especially in patients with previous surgery.  I would discuss exactly which products you are interested in using with your surgeon first just to be safe.

Colin Pero, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Exfoliate

+2

I believe it qould be ok to go ahead with skin care at this point. Be a little careful around the nasal area.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD