How much exertion is too much after mastopexy and augmentation?

I recently underwent surgery for an anchor lift and augmentation - five days ago. I'm worried that I've overexerted myself a bit. I've bent over several times, pulled on a t-shirt over my head, and worse, I accidentally made a mindless jumping motion today and felt sudden tightness in my left breast. I fully intend to take it easy from here on out, but is it possible that one can cause irreversible damage with infrequent, but forceful, movements in the beginning of the healing process?

Exertion after breast surgery

+1
Thank you for your question.  From what you described, it would be unusual to cause any problems to the breast with that activity.  Your body needs time to heal and the incisions need time to strengthen before you start increasing your activity.  Take it easy, follow the directions of your surgeon and you will do great.  
Good luck.

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Mastopexy and augmentation

+1
Thank you for your question. It is unlikely that you did any damage with being too active.  Probably what you felt when you jumped was the pectoralis major muscle tightening up. If you are concerned it is best to have your plastic surgeon evaluate you. Good luck.

Arun Rao, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

HOW MUCH IS TOO MUCH

+1
If you dont get a bleed or an infection its fine, the biggest concern early on is a bleed which is usually from getting the heart rate above 100 or a forceful movement or fall. If you are just a bit sore all should be ok!

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC