What Exercises Are Safe 2-weeks Post-op from Abdominal and Chest Liposuction?

37 yr old male here: I am 2-weeks post-op from liposuction to my upper & lower abdomen, chest, love handles, and back lower bra area. What kind of exercises can I do to help speed recovery at this point and prevent adhesions from forming?

Ask your surgeon

+1
While I always encourage my patients to not spend all their time in bed following surgery (leisurely activity minimizes the risk of deep clots in your leg veins and helps with swelling), I would not recommend doing any rigorous physical activity until about 3-4 weeks after surgery. This can even be longer depending on the extent of surgery and how you're recovering. However, please ask your surgeon for their advice, as it may be different.

What exercise can I do 2 weeks after Lipo?

+1

This is very dependent on how much you had removed and your overall health. With large volume liposuction, you are at greater risk of forming fluid collections or developing late bleeding complications. At this time, it would be best to wear compression garments at all times to the treated areas. Gentle massaging of the areas can help speed recovery and decrease swelling and bruising. After another 2 weeks, you can begin with low impact type of exercises. As always, consult your surgeon for their specific recommendations. Hope this helps.

Erez Sternberg, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon