What Exercises Are Best to Loose 40 Pounds Two Months After a Brazilian Butt Lift? Thanks

I am 5'4 used to weigh 214. Lost 80 pounds with diet and exercise. Got a tummy tuck and breast lift. Maintained 135 for about a year, then gained 50 pounds due to stress, not working out and over eating. Got a brazilian butt lift 2 months ago and would like to loose 40 pounds. What is the best excerice to maintain the butt life results? I don't want to harm the fat graft. Many thanks

Weight loss will affect your body shape necessarily

+1

Hi there-

Regardless of the type or intensity of exercise, losing weight is going to change your body. 

This is not to say that you should not lose the weight, as I think it would, in fact, be in your best interests.

I would resolve to follow a healthy diet and exercise regimen that you believe you can maintain over the long term.

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Reduce your stress, work out on a regular schedule, 5-6 times a week for at least an hour or cardio, and get on a sustainable diet, one you can live with and is healthy.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian butt lift and postop weight loss

+1

Don't be afraid to exercise or lose weight. You'll only look better with exercise. I think at 2 months your fat cells from the injection should be strong and able to take exercise. 

Fat is a storage compartment. What you've done with the Brazilian butt lift is changed your stores locations from the abdomen, back and waist to the buttocks. So now the 1st place and gain weight is the buttocks and the last place to lose weight is a buttocks. So when you lose weight your waist will get narrower faster than your buttocks, and this will make you look more curvy.

Exercise is always good to improve your health and if you build up the  the muscles in the buttocks it will look bigger.

Wendell Perry, MD

Weight loss after brazillian butt lifts

+1

Exercise doesn't work. Diets don't work. The only thing that works is multiple small feedings and long walks. I have been doing this for years and I have come to the above conclusions. If exercise and diets worked we would not have a 90% rebound rate in every weight loss plan ever tried. We now know about ghrelin and other gastric hormons that stimulate hunger. Training too rigorously does that. The fact that you had all these surgeries is proof positive of my theory. If the butt lift was performed by a board certified plastic surgeon with experience and you eat anything in 8 oz portions every three hours and go for a leisurely walk that is at least an hour long every other day you will lose weight. Your result should not be effected because relatively your butt will remain big.

Ayman Hakki, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Weight Loss after Brazilian Butt LIft

+1

I would caution you to avoid any exercises using your Buttocks Muscles (Gluteus) as well as Sit ups.  If your fat cells are alive, they are likely still pretty delicate.  Upper body is fine, and of course diet is ok.  

Obviously, since your butt is made of fat cells, it will likely shrink with weight loss as well. 

Daniel P. Markmann, MD