Exercised on Day 7 After Rhinoplasty...

I'm a 30 y.o. female who had the tip of my nose refined-- no bone involvement. After resting for 1 week, I had a great result/little remaining swelling. Given green light to try light cardio. After light stationary biking that same day, had tiny amount of swelling, barely noticeable. Rested next 2 days (only biked once), but swelling has increased. Will this subside? Will I get my original result back (or better)? After how long? Thanks!

Swelling Will Subside

+1
It seems quite soon after your surgery to start exercising again. However, because your surgeon gave you the green light, you should take it very easy at first to keep swelling at a minimum. Swelling can last for weeks and even months, but eventually it will subside.

Exercise After A Rhinoplasty

+1

In general, one should not be exercising for at least 2-3 weeks as this may enhance bruising and swelling and potentially even bleeding if one has had a septal surgery as well.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Swelling after excercise

+1

Swelling after surgery goes up and down...people relate it to exercise, wine, stress, and hot weather. All of these are probably true. No one has ever proven bed rest is better than normal activity

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Rhinoplasty and swelling

+1

Swelling after rhinoplasty is quite common.  This will take months to resolve with exercise.  Give it time.

Rhinoplasty swelling after exercise

+1

It is common for patients to note increased nasal swelling when they start exerting themselves more. This isn't normally a permanent problem and should ultmately settle down with time. You can confer with your surgeon to gain additional guidance.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Swelling after exercising 7 days after rhinoplasty

+1

I generally don't let cardio start for 2-3 weeks after surgery. I don't think you did anything seriously bad. I think the swelling will go down but I would take it easy for a  week or two. Check with your surgeon for the final word.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Exercised on Day 7 After Rhinoplasty

+1

I won't let my Rhinoplasty patients exercise for 1 month following their Rhinoplasty Surgery...you'd have to ask your Rhinoplasty Surgeon for his/her advice on the subject.

Early exercise after tip rhinoplasty

+1

After a tip only rhinoplasty it is reasonable to begin light cardio after seven days, however the swelling is to be expected and it is probably the best to give things another week to settle. The best result will appear after a full year of healing.

Do not exercise for three weeks after a rhinoplasty.

+1

Hi.

I doubt very much that you have done any permanent damage, but to be safe, do not exercise for another two weeks.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)