How Many Treatments Would You Imagine it Taking to Remove this Black Tattoo? (photo)

I have a a large all black tattoo on my upper arm which I wish to have removed. I was told that exercise significantly aids the process of tattoo removal, is there any truth in this or is it an old wives tale? Also i have been quoted wildy different estimates for removal time, ranging from 10 treatments over a a year or so, to 20 treatments over a 2 year period. I understand its not an exact science but what would you imagine would be nearer the mark in your professional experience?

Number of Laser Tattoo Removal Treatments Needed For Black Arm Tattoo

+1

In order to get a more accurate idea of how many treatments it will take to remove your tattoo, consult with a board certified dermatologist. .

The number of treatment sessions would depend on several factors eg The colors involved, anatomical location of the tattoo, your Fitzpatrick skin type (how well you tan), layering, amount of ink and the presence of scarring or tissue change

Black ink is the easiest to remove. And tattoos on the upper arm are also relatively easy. There is an abundant availability of blood and lymph vessels to help eliminate the pigment. This may explain the basis for saying exercise may improve the speed of tattoo removal given the increased circulation brought about by exercising. 

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Number of Treatments Necessary for Tattoo Removal?

+1

Thank you for the question picture.

Based on the nature of the tattoo ( professional with dense ink),  I think you would be better off being prepared for the 15 treatments over the course of 2 years plan. Keep in mind, that even with the best treatment, is likely that some visible “remnant” that there was once a tattoo there will be present.  Realistic expectations are important.