Will Exercise Improve TT Outcomes?

Hello. I had a full TT with muscle repair six weeks ago. Still feel a little "thick" for the side. I'm wondering if, once I'm fully recovered, can work will help tone and flatten? I was exercising consistently before the surgery but I can't help think that with the severe diastasis I had the muscles weren't getting worked properly in that position. Will exercising after the repair improve my abs and get me some definition? I had no lipo as fat wasn't really my issue. Thank you.

Exercise After Tummy Tuck

Its Important to remember that Exercise and healthy eating will help you maintain your surgery's outcome.
After an appropriate time of recovery indicated by your Doctor, you can go back to your regular work out routine, keeping in mind that you need to passe yourself when it comes to exercising after surgery, you need to start slow, with a simple walking routine and work your way back to your regular routine.

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Torre 7, José Clemente Orozco 2230 Zona Rio
Tijuana, Baja California 22010

Exercise post tummy

There is no question that exercising post tummy is good for you and may indeed flatten your ytummy even more.I say go for it.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

3700 Central Avenue
Fort Myers, FL 33901

Exercise can improve tummy tuck results, but get clearance from your surgeon first!

Exercise can certainly improve the look and shape of your tummy tuck. This is particularly true for women who had a wide diastasis as the repair allows for a more efficient situp and muscle excursion. However, prior to beginning any exercise routine after a tummy tuck, be sure that your surgeon feels that you have healed adequately before stressing the surgical site.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

660 Glades Road
Boca Raton, FL 33431

Exercise will help (when you're fully recovered)

After repair of a diastasis, the abdomen definitely performs much better during exercise. This can lead to a tighter, flatter tummy but as usual, check with your doctor to confirm when it is safe to begin vigorous exercise. Don't forget the continued weight loss following tummy tuck and liposuction can also improve the final result.

William Franckle, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

2301 Evesham Road
Voorhees, NJ 08043

Exercising after a tummy tuck

Exercise and diet are important for good health.  Once you have recovered from your tummy tuck it is a great idea to gradually work back to your previous exercise routine.  Make sure that you check with your plastic surgeon with when would be a good time to begin and the types of activities you are hoping to resume.

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

21300 Provincial Boulevard
Katy, TX 77450

Exercise after tummy tuck

After a full tummy tuck the abdominal muscles are out of shape and without much tone.  This is because they were injured and after surgery they were protected by a binder.  Six weeeks after surgery the muscles have healed and full exercise can be re-started.  Only after exercise will the muscles regain tone and strength, so exercise is very important to help get a good final result.  If after you are fully fit again there are any contour problems you may want to explore lipsouction.....

Daniel Greenwald, MD

1208 East Kennedy Blvd
Tampa, FL 33602

Exercise after Tummy Tuck Surgery

Each patient is different with how they recover and heal but generally, you will see more definition with exercise after the tummy tuck surgery.  Also, at 6 weeks post op, you still have swelling present.

Please follow your surgeons advice in regards to when you are cleared to exercise your abdominal muscles.

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942