Will Exercise Get Rid of my Lipoma?

Will exercise make my lipoma go away?  If so, what type of exercise are effective at getting rid of lipomas?

Getting rid of lipomas

+1

Exercise makes you look great in many ways, but will not make your lipoma go away. The only way to remove a lipoma is through surgical excision.

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Lipoma and Exercise?

+1

No, exercise will not help eliminate lipomas. Direct excision is usually the best way to go.

Generally, I  recommend excision to allow for pathologic evaluation (which is the only  way to make a definitive diagnosis) and to  alleviate compressive symptoms it may be causing (as well as for cosmetic purposes).

Remove the lipoma

+1

Lipomas exist in the very thin and very obese patient. They are unresponsive to diet and exercise. The best approach is surgical removal via direct excision or liposuction.

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

Non surgical Lipoma Removal

+1

Lipomas are benign proliferative growths of adipocytes. They usually occur in the subcutaneous space and rarely invade adjacent embryologic tissue planes. In some cases, lipomas can grow within the muscular layer, but are frequently above the muscle fascia. Exercise will not improve lipoma size. The treatment is purely surgical.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Exercise May be good for you but worthless for lipoma removal.

+1

A starvation diet, which of course would not be recommended, may minimally effect a lipoma. At least this was a finding in rats. Exercise similarly would be futile.

Sorry but the best treatment is surgical excision. Liposuction has been shown to be effective also but only if the surgeon has taken a very good sample of tissue to make sure the lipoma is benign.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist