Is It Safe to Exercise Arms After Brazilian Butt Lift?

Can a person work out his arms only after a Brazilian Butt Lift? Using free weights standing up and not sitting. I know your not suppose to exercise but its the arm area only. Thanks.

Exercis after Brazilian butt lift

+1

Exercising after a Brazilian is not prohibited and we actually recommend doing some mild exercising to get back in the swing of things.  You should check with your plastic surgeon.

Talmage J. Raine MD FACS 

Buttock augmentation

+1

It certainly is.  I do not recommend sitting for a few weeks, but exercising the rest of the body is fine.  You many have more swelling in the liposuctioned areas following exercise.

Shahin Javaheri, MD

Different surgeons have different recommendations

+1

So, this is where different surgeons have different recommendations. I always recommend my patients exercise their arms after undergoing the Brazilian Butt Lift. Exercise and activity helps to reduce your risk of getting blood clots. It also stimulates the immune system and increases your heart rate and blood flow. These are all good things that will improve the safety of the surgery as well as improve the blood flow to your fat cells and likely improve the survival of your fat cells.

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Exercise after Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Hi there-

I personally prefer that my patients not exercise at all for at least a month after Brazilian Butt Lift Surgery (beyond a casual walk).

Your best bet is to ask your surgeon what their preferences are for postoperative activity however.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Exercise after Surgery

+1

You should not exercise if your doctor asked you not to, even if it is your arms. I generally ask my patients to not exercise for 4 weeks after surgery. That includes treadmill or anything that can get your heart rate up.

It really has nothing to do with the body part, it is a global issue and you are not to raise your heart rate for that time. We are concerned with increasing blood pressue and causing bleeding and excessive swelling.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD