How Soon Can I Exercise After Receiving Botox Injections? And What Might Happen if I Were to Exercise the Same Day?

Botox and Exercise

+2

We request that patients refrain from vigorous exercise or activity for 6 hours after Botox, and to stay upright. The concern with exercise does not have any studies to support, but is based on the theoretical concern that increased metabolic activity and blood flow may lead to a "flushing" of the Botox away from the treated area. This is also why we encourage exaggerated use of facial muscles for a few hours after--- to increase the muscular metabolic activity with the goal of increasing absorption and uptake of the Botox into those muscle areas.

Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

Exercise after botox

+2

There is no evidence that exercise after botox injections causes problems. I tell my patients to try to wait 4 hours before exercise. Avoid any exercise that involves head down (yoga) or manipulation of the treated area.

Charlotte Dermatologist

Exercise Same Day As Botox

+2

There is no scientific evidence to suggest that early activity such as exercise, alcohol, or laying down early will have any impact on your botox treatment. We advise patients to avoid early manipulation of the area, such as a facial or clarisonic treatment, to prevent potential migration of botox toxin. However, no studies support this as well.

Web reference: http://www.shahfacialplastics.com/botox-injection.html

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Exercise after Botox

+2

I will often tell patients that while it is suggested to wait 4-6 hours before doing exercise, I tell them to wait until the next day.

How Soon Can I Exercise After Receiving Botox Injections?

+2

I inform my patients to wait 24 hours before any type of exercise or skin treatments to create a better outcome.

+2

I normally tell my patients to wait a full 24 hours before doing an intensive workout, you want the area to settle to fully see your result from your treatment.

+1

There are no studies that suggest certain activities could affect Botox injected areas. That being said, I still suggest refraining from any vigorous activities on the day of your injections.

Exercising After Botox

+1

About 2-3 hours after Botox injection is an appropriate amount of time to wait before exercising.

Web reference: http://botox-sandiego.com/what-is-botox/

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon