Exercise After Cellulaze?

I had cellulaze almost 3 weeks ago. So far so good though the skin is extremely sensitive to the touch. I am a gym rat and wondering when it is safe to begin running and doing leg workouts again?

Exercise after Cellulaze

Thanks for the question, Gym rat.  I usually allow my patient to resume light workouts after 2 weeks, with them understanding that they will tend to swell in the areas from this.  It is very important to maintain use of the compression garment during the workouts, at least for the first several weeks.  I hope this helps and best of luck.  Robert Kratschmer, MD

Exercise after Cellulaze

Though the skin can still be a bit sensitive or sore after 3 weeks, there should be no problem with returning to your regular exercise routine. Check in with the surgeon that performed your procedure and find out what their specific recommendations may be.  Good luck!

Dr. Grant Stevens 

Grant Stevens, MD

Exercise post treatment

We recommend not working out for at least one week post treatment. You should be fine going to the gym now, but take it slowly and listen to your body.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Exercising Post Cellulaze Treatment

Generally, patients should be able to go back to their normal activities after a day or two and resume more strenuous exercise after one to two weeks. However, each patient is different. I would advise visiting the doctor who performed the treatment to get the all-clear before resuming working out. 

Exercise after cellulaze

I generally advise my patient to hold off on exercising for 4 weeks if possible.   I will clear patients after 4 weeks to resume activity as tolerated gradually.  Please talk to your Cellulaze plastic surgeon for his/her specific recommendations. 

Check with your doctor regarding exercise following Cellulaze

Every patient is unique.  Please contact the doctor who did the procedure for excercise recommendations following Cellulaze. 

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Exercise after Cellulaze cellulite treatment

Cellulaze is a laser procedure using 1440nm wavelength and side cutting laser tip to treat cellulite.  It is a minimally invasive office procedure.  You will have to wear a garment for 2-3 weeks and hold off on exercise for 2 weeks after the procedure so as not to prolong the healing process. 

Paul M. Glat, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Exercise after cellulaze

This is a question you need to ask your cellulaze plastic surgeon.  I generally clear patients to * gradually * resume exercise routines 3-4 weeks after their procedure.  Best of luck.  

Dr. Basu

houston, tx