I'm 5'7" weigh 133, got 375 silicone unders in crease 18 days ago. What Exercises Can I Do After Breast Implants?

I'm 5'7" weigh 133, got 375 silicone unders in crease 18 days ago. They havent dropped yet & are still high/tight but getting better &I feel good, I think the normal achiness/sunburn feeling that occurs. I do have some pain in my ribs/sternum but I have Costochondritis so I think that has added to some pain. I have been walking on the treadmill increasing my speed/incline for 12 days & I want to run soon. I have been doing lower body wts & abs but am a little achy when I do. Is this okay at this point?

Breast Implants

+2
I tell my patients in general to do nothing for 2 weeks than they can start cardio and wait a full month before aggresive weight training of the upper body but always listen to your body

Please wait 6 weeks after surgery

+1
Nice job on your new exercise regimen, although you may be compromising your recovery by starting too soon. You can start doing upper body strength training after about 6 weeks, so please wait a little longer before you start. It is important you take it easy as you recover because it can increase your risk of developing complications. 

Jerome Edelstein, MD

When to exercise after breast implants

+1

Thank you for your question. It is most important that you follow the instructions that are given to you by your plastic surgeon.

As a general rule I asked my patients to refrain from very vigorous cardio for 3 weeks and weight 4-6 weeks before of her body weight lifting and aggressive exercise.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Back to exercising after implants.

+1

Every surgeon has his.her own protocol which works in their hands. Best to follow your surgeons advice. This is a critical period so keep your PS in the loop with regards to your desire to exercise

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Breast augmentation and exercise

+1

It is not uncommon for patients to want to get back to their exercise patterns as early as possible after an augmentation.  However, sometimes you feel better earlier than the time that you can get back to vigorous exercise.  Each ps has their own feelings on what would be the proper progress with exercise but you certainly are getting to a point that more and more would be allowed.  With you still having the implants high, this should let you know that the process of settling has not been completed but the accurate answers to your questions here would only be able to come from your ps.  Your ps knows what your tissue is like and will have the best opinion on your progress.

Steven M. Lynch, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Exercise after Breast Augmentation Surgery?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone the breast surgery uneventfully. Best to run these types of questions by your plastic surgeon who knows you best, knows how you are progressing, and is ultimately responsible for your care.

When can I exercise after breast augmentation surgery

+1

Every surgeon has a standard protocol regarding when exercise post surgery can be reinstituted and I would strongly encourage you to follow your surgeon's recommendations. Each surgical procedure is different and there may be factors from your surgery that would make early post operative exercise less prudent than others. Your surgeon will know best for you since you are so early in the post operatie recovery.

Antonio Gayoso, MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Breast Enlargement Post Surgery?

+1

This is still quite early post op, and questions such as this are better asked of your surgeon, who knows you, knows what was done, and has followed your recovery.

All the best.