Exercise After Laser Face Resurfacing?

How soon after Active/Total FX can I exercise? I'm assuming no vigorous exercise, but how about a slow walk on the treadmill?

CO2 laser resurfacing and exercise

+1

You should wait at least a week until your skin has recovered from fractional CO2 laser resurfacing.  You should avoid becoming too red or hot with exercise since you would probably have some discomfort.

Toronto Dermatologist

Exercise After Laser Face Resurfacing

+1

Depending on the scope of the treatment, you are generally best off waiting a week to 2 weeks prior to starting to exercise again. You do not want the sweat to irritate the healing skin. Your physician will be able to guide you best.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Wait two weeks before exercise after laser resurfacing

+1

Laser resurfacing causes inflammation of the facial skin. Inflammation is the process that initiates new collagen production to correct wrinkles and scars.

Inflammation is accompanied by the growth of new blood vessels and this new vascular response causes redness and flushing.

Exercise also causes vascular flushing so as a matter of comfort I would wait until after your skin is no longer pink after laser resurfacing before exercising.

Be prepared for facial flushing with exercise after laser resurfacing. Cold compresses can reduce flushing after laser resurfacing when exercising.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Exercise and lasers

+1

Usually I tell my patients that they should wait and give themselves a few days to recover and heal from the laser treatments. The sweat can irritate the skin while it is healing from the procedure.