Will Exercise Affect my Breast Implants in Any Way?

I have very small implants and went from a very small A to a B. This was done 3 weeks ago and I am a active person and was told to wait about 4 weeks before I start exercise again. My question is will moderate exercise affect my implants in any way such as streching them and making them look smaller, changing where they sit, or cause them to break any sooner then they would have had I not exercised as much?

Exercise aftr breat augmentation

+1

Once you get the clearance from your doctor to go back to the gym and exercise then you should be fine to do almost anything.

Exercising After Breast Augmentation

+1

Exercising after breast augmentation is a very common concern for most women and surgeons alike.  There is no perfect answer, but there are a few considerations.  How much surgery did you have (augmentation vs lift etc)?  How far from surgery are you?  How active were you before surgery?

In short, the brief answer is that you can return to the gym (assuming no complications etc) at about three weeks after your procedure for non impact/non chest activities (walking on treadmill, bike etc).  By 6 weeks, most surgeons would release you to no restrictions and stopping activities that cause you pain.

Best of luck

Vincent Marin, MD, FACS

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Will exercise affect my breast implants in any way

+1

You should wait at least three weeks before you resume lighter exercise and at least 4-6 weeks before you take part in contact sports. If you are already in good shape, as long as you remain somewhat active, you will be just fine to hit the field again. Make sure you wear a very supportive bra as well

Exercisse and Breast Augmentation

+1

Every surgeon has an opinion on when and what kind of exercising can be resumed after Breast Augmentation. Several considerations are at play: immediate post-surgical recovery (swelling, raising blood pressure resulting in bleeding, stressing surgical repair etc) and long-term healing concerns. Most surgeons agree that some MILD excercise without acute raising of blood pressure and without using the pectoralis muscles can be done by three weeks after surgery as long as a good support bra is worn. By a month, more vigorous exercise can be engaged in. I would prefer that chest strengthening exercises wait until 6 weeks after surgery and throughout that you wear a good bra support. Before you do anything, you really should consult with your own Plastic surgeon.

VIDEO: effect of exercise on implant displacement

+1

See VIDEO BELOW for the effect of exercise on implant displacement. We generally advise patients to avoid pectoralis strengthening. 

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/breast-enlargement/