Excruciating Pain 2 1/2 Weeks Post Breast Augmentation? (photo)

2 1/2 weeks ago I had 300cc subglandular silicones inserted. Scars are healing well, I'm happy with the result. But! I leaned forward to pick something up & felt a sharp, stabbing, tearing pain around incision area- in breast fold. I rested for 2 days, not much changed. Then my 2 yr old jumped on my back while I was sitting on the floor, pulling my skin back. It began to ache, getting worse over time. No swelling, fever or redness- just intense pain! Scar is fine. I live 4000kms from PS! Help!

Excruciating Pain 2 1/2 Weeks Post Breast Augmentation

+2

This is not a normal post-op course. Nothing in the photos provides any hint of a possible cause. A call to your surgeon is in order. If you need to be seen, you will have to find someone near you, but no one on this website is likely to offer an explanation without the benefit of an exam.

Pain

+2

You certainly need to contact a see a plastic surgeon in person, not on the internet. If seeing your PS is not possible, you will need to find someone local. 4000 kms. really????

Michael Hueneke, MD

Sharp pain following breast augmentation

+1

Your photographs show a nice result following your breast augmentation.  What happens is the lateral intercostal nerves, those that come up between the ribs, were stretched by your activity.  The result is a shooting, stabbing type pain.  Gentle massage along the lateral edge of the breast usually helps.  This pain is not usually indicative of any problem with the implant or  your result and will get better over time.  

Sharp pain in breast augmentation

+1

What you describe sounds like tearing of the capsule, and although your have had no swelling you probably had a minor bleed into the muscle causing pain.  This should resolve without intervention.  Try ibuprofen for the pain.  If however, the pain persists you must see your doctor.

Mark A. Schusterman, MD

Significant pain after a breast augmentation is not necessarily an indication of something gone wrong

+1

The photographs do not demonstrate any significant problems understanding that they might not tell the whole story and some patients suffer more than others. Nevertheless the complaint should be investigated a competent surgeon.

Excruciating Pain 2 1/2 Weeks Post Breast Augmentation?

+1

Could be the beginning of Mondor's syndrome of thrombophebilitis. Use warm compresses and anti inflammatory meds. see your surgeon for in person examination. 

Excruciating pain after augment

+1
Severe pain at this point in your healing would be an indication for a visit with your plastic surgeon. This is, unfortunately, complicated by the distance you must travel to see him unless you can see someone closer to you. Definitely contact your doctor and let him create a plan which may include sonogram or MRI fir diagnostic purposes.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Pain After Breast Augmentation in IMF

+1

This is probably due to pain from disturbing the suture line in you breast fold.  It should resolve in a few days.  If you notice any increase in size or signs of infection, call your plastic surgeon.

Excruciating pain after breast augmentation

+1

If you are having significant pain after a breast augmentation a few weeks after surgery, then you should really see a doctor about it.

Pain after Breast Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

I cannot see any evidence of trauma or a source of “excruciating pain” after viewing your photographs. Hopefully, the pain you are experiencing is temporary and related to the  impact of your 2-year-old's weight.  If so, this pain should  diminish within a few hours/day;  otherwise, you will benefit from an in-person consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon.  Since your surgeon is very far away, he/she may be able to refer you to someone closer to your home.