Is Excision Possible for This Tattoo? (photo)

I am looking to fully remove this tattoo... It is giving me serious mental health problems and would rather a huge scar than the writing which draws attention to be read. It is large and on a part off my back that I know mostlikely won't do well with scarring - but I need it gone. Laser removal not an option. I'd like it completely gone asap with a scar in its place. I understand it will mostlikely take multiple excisions... How many would you think? And how long must you wait in between? Thanks

Don't cut, look for a Picosure Laser

+3

Until now, laser removal of tattoos was slow and at times difficult.  There is a new laser, only 15 in the world right now, called the Picosure Laser that has been shown in studies to rapidly remove black ink in fewer sessions and more completely than any existing laser on the market.  There will most likely be NO scar with the treatment and tattoos like yours are disappearing within 3-4 treatments spaced 4-6 weeks apart, so you could be rid of your tattoo in 6 months or less!! why live with a lifelong scar or your tattoo when you don't have to?  I've got one of the 15 being delivered to my office , and the others are spread around the country, so find one...

Phoenix Dermatologist

Laser Tattoo Removal Far Better Option Than Excision

+1

Removing a tattoo of that size by excision will leave a noticeable incision mark. Your tattoo, because its black ink, would be ideal for laser assisted removal.  Laser tattoo removal affords you less down time and a less invasive technique, while still removing the tattoo without causing more trauma to your skin than necessary. In almost all cases, it really is the best route to go. “Dr. D”

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

You Could Excise, but why would you?

+1

Laser Tattoo Removal is awesome!  It removes the ink & leaves the remaining tissue untouched.  Cutting into the skin will cause a scar.  With the advances in laser technology, you may as well, take advantage of the science and laser rather than cut- It will take around 1 year or so to get the ink gone. Good luck!

H.L. Greenberg, MD
Las Vegas Dermatologic Surgeon

#tattoo excision

+1

I understand completely your concerns. I do excisions for tattoos and I have had great results from the procedure. its definitely more reassuring than laser tattoo removal which doesnt completely lighten the color and the ink is left in your body anyway. not sure where youre located but Im in NYC and Id be happy to see you for consultation.

Misbah Khan, MD