Excising Porous Skin

I have a patch of orange peel skin on my cheek near my nose. It is about a 2"x1" area. It bothers me a great deal and despite extensive research and experimentation (with peels, lasers, etc) I have not found a solution to the problem. Is it possible to actually just remove the affected area? I would rather have a scar than the orange peel skin.

Excision of Skin

+1

As the other doctors have pointed out, the first step is to determine what this patch of different skin represents. Go see a dermatologist to evaluate the skin and have a biopsy done to determine why it is so different from the other skin. Once the dermatologist knows what the problem is, he or she can give you options as to the best treatment for this patch of skin.

Web reference: http://www.dermatology-center.com

Excision of Skin

+1

The most important thing to realize if you are having an excision is that it will leave some kind of line.  There is no way to magically make any incision disappear.  While we are very good at minimizing any signs of surgery, you need to know that there is no magic want.  With that said, if you are having skin changes or concerns, it is very important that you see a dermatologist to make sure it is a benign condition.

Good Luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Orange peel skin needs a diagnosis

+1

There are a number of different conditions that can produce this effect.  Some are congenital, like a connective tissue nevus or a nevus sebaceus.  Some are due to some kind of infiltration into the skin, possibly even by a skin cancer.

Things can be excised, but before that, one needs to know what is being excised and with what type of margins, that is how much healthy skin one needs to take with it.

Consult with a board-certified dermatologist for a diagnosis.

Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon