Exchanged 22 Yr. Old Implants for New 2 Yrs Ago. Want More Volume and Rounding? Should I Add Saline or Replace with Silicone?

Breasts are a little uneven and want to be a little larger and rounder. Original Dr. wants to add saline, 2nd opinion wants to exchange for silicone, stitch pocket on outer side and smart lipo additional fat in that area. Does that make sense? Do stitches hold when you do that and what other problems might occur? I am relatively thin, I do exercise often - 61 years old but have good firm skin. Have had no hardening at all either time but Dr. #2 says I have some rippling???

+1

If there is rippling, the silicone implant may make more sense than the saline.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and breast augmentation revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/breast-augmentation-revision-photo-galleries.php

Opinions will vary

+1
Dear Aby, There are many ways to achieve a good result in Plastic Surgery. It is impossible for us to break the tie between the two opinions that you have gotten without, at least photos, and certainly more information thatn we have here. We do not know the size of your current saline implants, what volume they are filled to, if there is significant rippling present and many other variables that would be required to adequately comment. You can present each surgeons plan to the other, let them critique or respond to it and perhaps you will get a better feel for which plan sounds more reasonable. I don't know if cost is an issue for you, but usually the initial operating surgeon will discount your secondary surgery. Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.francisnyplasticsurgery.com/breast-augmentation/