Excessive Liposuction?

I was 135 pounds before Liposuction and I carry most of my fat on my legs, and butt. I had Liposction on my stomach 2 weeks ago. My doctor removed 2700 CC, would you say that's excessive lipo or not?

Several factors should be analyzed

+1

In general, 2700 cc is not an excessive amount. However, the real important factors iclude the pre and post operative assesement, the degree of the skin laxity and the post operative status.

Hard to know without seeing you

+1

2700 cc is a moderate amount of fat to remove for most patients. The real question is where did your surgeon remove the fat and how much was left (and how evenly is it spread.) The absolute volume removed is only one part of your story here.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Difficult to know what is "proper" amount of fat to remove.

+1

You did not provide your BMI nor your weight and height.

If you stood 4'11' and weighed 100 pounds then 2700 cc would clearly be a significant amount of fat to remove.

If however, you were 5'8" and weighted 240 pounds, then 2700cc may be a reasonable amount to remove.

No one can state what is the "proper" amount to remove.