Excessive Eyelid on One Side (Unbalanced Upper Eyelid)? (photo)

My left upper eyelid has an excessive eyelid that I believe developed from stye about a year ago. No problem living, but very noticeable. How can I remove/fix this, and how much can I expect? I'd rather go back to the natural state (the right eyelid) than getting the right side a new upper eyelid. I don't really like that excessive eyelid. Thank you.

Give it more time...

+2

If this is truly due to an old "stye", it can be treated with the injection of Kenelog (a steroid). This may diminish any residual scar tissue. I would give this problem more time to resolve (about another year) before considering surgery. Please see an Oculoplastic Surgeon who can correctly diagnose the real underlying problem and present you with options. All the best.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Sty causing eyelid ptosis

+2

You actually left upper eyelid ptosis (droopy eyelid). It could be related to the sty you suggested. If a sty is present, it may be pushing down on the eyelid causing the ptosis, which can resolve if the sty/chalazion is drained. Or it could be due to the muscle weakness, in which case ptosis surgery would help. See an oculoplastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Upper eyelid asymetry

+2

It does appear that you have lost the supratrasal crease on your right upper eyelid.  Crease surgery can be performed on this side to make you evener, but absolute symmetry is most likely not possible.  

You have asymmetry for sure.

+2

I recommend getting a careful assessment with an oculoplastic surgeon who performs cosmetic asian double fold surgery.  It is important to assess the eyelid to determine if all aspects of the stye resolved.  Extra volume in the eyelid could change the appearance of the eye.  Addressing this might resolve the issue.  However great care is required so the surgeon does not make more of a problem.

Eyelid

+2

Everyone has some difference in your eyelids. Your appearance is due to numerous factors such as bone structure, muscle length and skin volume. Your picture does not show a major asymmetry. When you get older, consider an upper blepharoplasty. All the best

Thomas A. Narsete, MD
Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon

Excessive Eyelid on One Side (Unbalanced Upper Eyelid)?

+1

Removal of a small amount of skin may help the overall symmetry, but an exam would be necessary to determine this.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Asymmetric eyelids can be corrected at the time of blepharoplasty.

+1

I don't appreciate much asymmetry in the eyes. However if you want to undergo blepharoplasty any minor asymmetries can be addressed at that time.