Excessive crust build up after septorhinoplasty?

My surgeon and my post op nurses emphasized to NOT clean or touch the inside of my nose however i have excessive crusting which seems to completely block my nose, also i still have alot of discharge (mainly in the morning) which is very yellow in color. Im aware being 5 days post op is still early in healing process but im unsure what to do ...surgeon keeps telling me to leave it alone What would you recommend? It was a closed procedure also

Post-operative care after septoplasty

+1

Typically after septoplasty patients are instructed to irrigate the nose with saline to prevent build-up of crust.  However each surgeon will have his/her own protocol so if your surgeon is instructing you to leave it alone then I would follow his/her advice.