Excessive Bruising and Swelling 5 Days Post Op Neck Lipo? (photo)

5 days post op I have excessive bruising and swelling under chin straps. Bruising didn't gravitate south toward lower neck or chest or pass chin strap. My face looks like a swollen bruised pear. Dr said I will be able to go back to work in 2 weeks after. Looking at current state of my face it is highly unlikely that bruises will be gone in remaining 9 days. In the morning bruises looked almost black, since I removed chin strap bruise colour changing into reddish. Should I put the strap back?

Neck lipo and swelling

+1

You are early in the healing process. It is normal for the colors of bruises to change as they heal. Its always best to have the starp on to reduce fluid accumulation 

Bruising 5 Days after Chin and Neck Liposuction

+1

Bruising will resolve a great deal over a week or so.  If there is a concern for hematoma or fluid collection, you will need an exam.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Chin-Liposuction.php

Bruising and swelling following liposuction of the neck

+1

Hello, and sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing following surgery. It is normal to have some swelling and bruising following your procedure, and two weeks is the general guideline regarding when we advise patients to ease back into work and their daily routine. I would recommend having the area examined by your surgeon to make sure everything is healing properly. Thank you, and best of luck with the remainder of your recovery.

Bruising and swelling after neck liposuction

+1

It is completely normal to have bruising and swelling five days after liposuction of the neck.  Bruising can resolve fairly quickly and it should improve tremendously over the next nine days.  I would contact your surgeon in regards to whether you should continue with the chin strap or not.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bruising

+1

Two weeks is an ample time for almost all patients to get back in public. You should see your surgeon about the bruising.